Doctoral Researcher (Scholar), Finance and Econometrics
WARWICK BUSINESS SCHOOL, UK | October 2017 – Present
- Empirically evaluating the impact of Trust on Market Pricing using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques in both supervised and unsupervised (e.g. LDA) machine learning settings.
- Working extensively with ‘Big Data’ (13m news articles, 138k annual reports) scraped from direct sources including the SEC
- Critically assessing portfolio strategies designed to exploit my ‘trust factor’ using industry standard statistical tests and techniques.
Various Clients | January 2012 – Present
- Empirically evaluated the validity and feasibility of portfolio strategies involving the Altman Z-score bankruptcy prediction model for a London based equity research firm.
- Delivered SEO optimised web copy and blog articles for a variety of businesses within Financial Services, e-Commerce, and Services (legal, consulting) industries.
- Modelled financial forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet, CFS) for early stage startups.
- Implemented robust PPC campaigns on Google Ads (formerly Adwords), earning up to 30x RoAS.
Instructor | Learning Experience (LX) Designer
FERVENT | January 2013 – Present
- Designed, developed, and published student-centric, engaging courses on highly technical concepts including Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management (with Python, and with Excel / Google Sheets), Stock Valuation, Bond Valuation, and Investment Appraisal.
- Selected topics using data backed decision processes I designed and continue to improve and implement.
- Student base comprises of 4,500+ students from 125 countries as at 30 January 2020.
- Personally delivered 5,500+ hours of professional tutoring and training to students and professionals across the UK and parts of EU in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, and Econometrics.
- Python (advanced)
- R (intermediate)
- HTML / CSS (basic)
- Sublime Text